Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Message to NEGOP State Convention Delegates

One of the many important tasks you’ll undertake as a delegate is vote for our next Republican National Committeeman and National Committeewoman.   Each state and U.S. territory has 3 representatives on the 168-member Republican National Committee:  State Chairman, National Committeeman and National Committeewoman.   I’ve served on the RNC since my election as NEGOP State Chairman in January 2009, and our current National Committeeman (Pete Ricketts) and National Committeewoman (De Carlson) recently announced they will not seek reelection.   After Pete’s announcement, I discussed my desire to serve as National Committeeman with my family and a number of Republican leaders, including Gov. Dave Heineman and former 20-year National Committeeman Duane Acklie, and with their encouragement and support announced my candidacy for this position.

What does a National Committeeman do?  In my opinion the National Committeeman should focus on: (1) fundraising for the NEGOP and RNC; (2) representing Nebraska’s interests on the RNC; and (3) assisting the NEGOP Chairman in outreach and other efforts.  I’ve spent the last 3 years getting to know the NEGOP’s larger donors, and it would be unfortunate to end my chairmanship in early 2013 and throw away the goodwill we’ve built up.  Also, I’ve developed a personal friendship with RNC Chairman Reince Priebus and he’s already tasked me with several important responsibilities, including serving on the RNC Committee on Contests for the 2012 National Convention.  As your National Committeeman I would hope to continue to foster those relationships for the benefit of the NEGOP.

Why should we elect Mark Fahleson?  I’ve had the pleasure of serving as your Chairman since January 2009, and my current term will end in early 2013.  If I’m not elected, Nebraska will lose all of its seniority on the RNC with the departure of De (47th in seniority), Pete (73rd) and myself (110th).  Many important decisions on the RNC are based on seniority.  By continuing to serve, Nebraska will have an established member on the RNC with the seniority to be involved in the decisions that matter to the NEGOP and its candidates. 

I would greatly appreciate your vote at State Convention! 

No comments:

Post a Comment